CO Exhibitions is a dynamic and expansive exhibition space situated in Northeast Minneapolis.
This large-scale venue, encompassing over 2000 square feet with towering walls over 20 feet high, mobile walls, and adaptable ceilings, is jointly owned and operated by Burlesque of North America and Permanent Art & Design Group.
(The link to Burlesque is provided at the end of this article.)
It stands out for its commitment to thematic multimedia exhibitions that are collaboratively developed with artists, designers, and curators.
The name “CO” is deeply rooted in the venue’s principles. Derived from the prefix “co-“, which implies a partnership or association, it reflects the collaborative essence of the space.
CO Exhibitions dedicates itself to working closely with each artist, designer, or curator, acting as a resource in developing and fabricating their visions.
This partnership-centric approach is central to transforming the gallery into a venue for ambitious multimedia spectacles.
CO Exhibitions’ unique features include:
- Versatile Space: The expansive area with high ceilings and flexible wall arrangements allows for a wide range of exhibition layouts and designs.
- Multimedia Focus: The venue emphasizes thematic exhibitions incorporating various media, creating immersive experiences.
- Collaborative Approach: True to its name, CO focuses on collaboration with artists, designers, and curators, ensuring each exhibition is a shared vision.
- Comprehensive Resources: Facilities include screenprinting, artist residencies, and robust media outreach campaigns, providing comprehensive support for exhibitions.
- Diverse Exhibition Types: The space hosts a range of exhibitions, including solo, duo, group, institutional, museum, retrospective, art event, online, and collective exhibitions.
- Community Engagement: Exhibitions serve as public events for businesses to promote their products, for artists to reach broader audiences, and for community interaction and feedback.
CO Exhibitions, with its extensive resources and collaborative ethos, not only serves as a platform for artistic expression and business promotion but also as a pivotal community space for engaging and innovative art experiences.
Burlesque of North America can now be found here.
Joseph Colella (Joe Colella) is an Editor and Writer at WastedTalentInc. As a frustrated artist with over 40 years experience making art (who moonlights as a certified Business Analyst with over 20 years of experience in tech).
While Joseph holds a Diploma in Information Technology, in true wasted talent fashion he spent years applying for various Art degrees; from the Accademia di Belle Arti (Napoli), to failing to get into the Bachelor of Arts (Fine Arts) at the University of Western Sydney.
While he jokes about his failures at gaining formal art qualifications, as a self-taught artist he has had a fruitful career in business, technology and the arts making Art his full time source of income from the age of 18 until 25.
His goal is to attend the Julian Ashton School of Art at The Rocks Sydney when he retires from full time work. Joseph’s art has been sold to private collectors all over the world from the USA, Europe and Australasia.
He is a trusted source for reliable art advice and tutorials to copyright/fair use advice and is committed to helping his readers make informed decisions about making them a better artist.